Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!!


Happy Halloween!

It's been an odd year for me with the move and the change in living circumstances. I'm still getting a bit adjusted I think. So...I have some bad news. No crazy pumpkin display this year. (Don't fret...this isn't the end of the fun...)We did grow some pumpkins in our garden this year, but they were mostly smaller in size, so carving and assembly really wasn't an option. I did consider creating a painted display instead. But...I opted out because of these guys...

Left to right: Sage, Pippa, & Canadian
If I had painted the pumpkins, these guys wouldn't be lucky enough to get a good little treat. They not only find pumpkins delicious, but pumpkin is a natural dewormer for pigs. So...I'm taking the easy way out and pampering the pigs. The little ones will get a few, but the majority will go to the bigger guys and gals. They love them. In fact, these girls' mama has already wolfed down her fair share over the last month or so.

But all is not lost! I still have some Halloween goodness for you. I was lucky enough to be contacted a while back by a gentleman working on an article featuring Halloween crafts. He featured my first lawn display...the Pumpkin Massacre from way back in 2011. In addition, he has some other great decorative ideas that you can consider incorporating into your own displays next year. You can have a little reminder of where the pumpkin fun all started and find some new creative Halloween fun. Head over here and check it out!

As for me...I'm getting ready to put my traditional Halloween chili in the pot and then I'll be making cornbread later in the evening. We live out away from town, so we aren't likely to see any trick-or-treaters, but we have candy at the ready just in case. We'll probably end up eating it all ourselves...such a shame. I'm obviously devastated. And...since I'm now apparently a Minnesota girl, we'll be cozying up on the couch and watching the Vikings game.

I hope you all have a wonderfully spooky Halloween!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips