Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Give a Blog a Hug


Part of the fun of writing a blog has been reading the blogs of others. I particularly enjoy reading the blogs of my high school friends. What a great way to stay involved in each other's lives!

One of these friends, Jen over at Two Frogs and a Grasshopper has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. So sweet! The Liebster Award is an award for us small blogs (under 200 followers) to help us share and grow our readership.

Jen tells me that Liebster is German for beloved, favorite or dearest. So let's show a little bloggy love.

Here are the rules of the Liebster Blog Award :

#1 : Acknowledge the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

That's Jen! She's a crafty little minx (in a good way). Go check out her amazing ingenuity!


#2 : Give this award to 5 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 readers. Let them know through a comment on their blog.

Details on these bloggers coming up...

#3 : Post this wonderful award on your blog.

Check.

#4 : Bask in the glory bestowed upon you and appreciate all the amazing bloggers out there.

I do the second half of this at least three times a week. I'll go ahead and start loving the first half now.

#5 : Enjoy and spread the good vibes around.

Just call me Mary Sunshine.


So my five bloggers...well I have to say that I read some pretty amazing blogs. There are some crafty people out there, some pretty hilarious ones and some super talented writers. It's a good spread. Here's who I've chosen :

1. Mom, the Intern : Most of you are now familiar with my cousin Jenna. She's great writer and she's been working the blog scene for a while now. (Let's be honest...I totally used her blog as my mentor when I first set up.) Jenna talks about her life as a mother to her two super cute kids. I love checking up on her.

2. babydear : Another high school friend, Kalee started up her blog after finding out she was pregnant with her brand new baby, Avery. (Apparently I am drawn to blogs with cute kids...)

3. In Search of the End of the Sidewalk : Rounding out the high school friend trifecta is Michelle. This woman is a fantastic writer! She taught middle school English for quite a few years, but now she and her husband are preparing to return to China (they taught over there a few years ago).

4. Reading (and chickens) : Okay, I just absolutely adore Shalini. She has fantastic topics and...drum roll...she draws pictures for her blog in MS Paint. It pretty much just the best thing ever.

and last, but certainly not least...

5. Everyday Reading : Janssen puts me to shame with all of her reading. She used to be an elementary school librarian so she knows her stuff. Right now she's also doing a cute little fashion challenge. She claims she has a hard time getting herself dressed in the morning. I think she's full of it. Nothing could look amiss on that girl.

Now go off and do some investigating! These girls are totally worth it! Oh...and if you haven't already, think about starting your own blog or amp up one you've already started...I love to read new things!

3 comments:

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips